Gel nails are basically the extensions to your natural nails. These are very much in common and in trend due to the overall delicate and beautiful look they give to your hands. They are made up of gel like material which itself is dried up with the help of ultra violet light or may be light emitting diode. Gel nails last for approximately ten to twelve days. They are expensive to buy. Gel nails are treated as manicure treatment.
How to apply Gel nails on your nails:
Applying Gel nails on your nails is not a tough job to do. It is also not a time taking task. In doing so, gel is applied to the nails which hardens under ultra violet light. Sometimes light emitting diode is also used. Let us see step by step how are they actually applied.
- Before applying gel nails, prepare your nails for the new look. Cut your nails and give them shape. You can give them any shape like round, almond or square. After this, file your nails. Your Gel nails are going to be just look like your natural nails.
- Now when you are having the well-defined shape of nails, make use of cuticle remover near the base (skin) of your nails.
- After this, apply a thin coat as a base layer on your nails. Make sure that it is a thin layer and wait till it dries up.
- When you feel that the first layer has been dried up, apply the second layer which is also extremely thin. This layer will be called as your color gel. Apply this layer on the tip of your nail as well. You have to keep your nails (after applying each layer) under ultra violet light for two to three minutes.
- Coat your nails now with the top gel and apply the gel on tip of the nails too. Again keep them for two or three minutes under UV light.
- Remove the gel if the gel material is present on other than your natural nails.
Things to remember while applying Gel nails:
- Gel nails don’t take much time to apply; they enhance the look of your hands.
- The shiny look that Gel nails will give, won’t disappear soon. At least for two weeks, your nails are going to shine.
- The gel polish that is used in Gel nails may be bad for the health of your natural nails.
- Gel nails may cause weakening of your natural nails.
- The light used in the drying of gel, may even cause cancer. It depends upon salon to salon how much intensity of light it use.
- When applying Gel nails, your hands are also exposed to the light which may harm your hands too.
- Though Gel nails are considered as a part of manicure but still the process of getting them off from your nails after some days may be painful.
- You have to use acetone solution to remove them and acetone solution can cause dehydration.